I understand that my child is signing up for a Fulton County Schools sponsored club which meets for three sessions as outlined above. I also understand that this program is a parent/student “BUDDY TEAM” model which requires my dedicated participation. I, therefore, promise to attend all three sessions in their entirety in order to participate in full support of my child.
In this role, I hereby promise to inspect all of my child’s homework, the first of which is to be completed BEFORE the first day of club (see Day-00 below). I further promise to tutor her/him whenever necessary so that she/he might learn the intended curriculum presented in the various short term videos which make of much up the Young Apprentice Construction Club programming.
The homework is as follows:
1) Tool and Material Identification Lab: introducing students to the tools and materials that are involved in making the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’ project possible. Homework is to be completed before the first day of club.
1) One Inch Dragon Lab: a practical exercise helping students visualize fractions when reading a tape measure.
2) Tape Measure Lab-2: giving students 10 opportunities to challenge their new skill.
1) Speed Square Lab: a practical exercise combining the Tape Measure and Speed Square.
2) PERFECT TOOLBOX-1: teaching students and BUDDIES how to properly use a Bench Hook when building their PERFECT TOOLBOX.
I promise to watch all videos with my child before my child attempts any construction of their ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’. Also, I promise to watch all of the videos in order and follow the instructions outlined in each until the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’ is completed.
As my child’s BUDDY, I will never permit my child to work on this project without my full presence, full attention, and full assistance. However, I understand that I am not to use any of the tools. Those are for the exclusive use of my child so that she/he is the only one to build the ‘PERFECT TOOLBOX’.
All videos are available on-line at www.Toolbox.LIFE/library. BUDDY TEAMS can refer to them for instruction and guidance at anytime.